A field trip to Farmer Ganyard’s Harvest Festival at Upchurch Farm will allow the school kids valuable hands-on experiences of what a real farm is. It’s truly a wonderful extension of your classroom activities. Students learn about agriculture and have lots of fun doing it!
A field trip includes the following:
- Our educational facilities include displays about pumpkin plant life cycle, cows, chickens, and other farm life elements. We also provide interesting educational facts about the crops growing in the fields at Upchurch Farm.
- In our real, live pumpkin field, select and pick your very own pumpkin right from the mother vine, with the greatest variety and selection of any pumpkin patch with 1,000s of pumpkins still on the vine provides a great learning experience for kids.
- We have special field trip mazes, one tall and one short.
- A scenic hayride tour of the farm.
- Free pumpkins for teachers (ratio 1/10 students)
- A visit to the Farmer Ganyard’s Market and time to play in the hay maze
- Playtime climbing and tumbling on Hay Mountain
- Playtime in the CornCrib
- A special ‘Pumpkin Farm’ coloring book!
- The experience of life on a farm with personal attention from Farmer Ganyard, himself!
When: Monday – Friday September 20 through November 15, 2017
How Much: School field trip fee is only $11 per student and $11 per parent plus 7.25% NC State Sales Tax. Teachers are admitted free in a ratio of one teacher for every 10 students.
We have put together a collection of Teaching Resources that will make your trip to the farm easier for you to plan! They include information and classroom activities for pre-field trip and for afterwards, as well.
New location: Upchurch Farm | 2521 Louis Stephens Dr., Cary, NC 27519
Pumpkin patch, corn maze and agritourism venue located convenient to the Research Triangle — Raleigh in Wake County, Durham in Durham County, and Chapel Hill in Orange County. Upchurch Farm is a seasonal attraction for groups, families and kids of all ages.